Bringing A Wrongful Death Claim

When you lose a loved one, it can be difficult to get back on your feet. Amidst the grief, you may also have lost a source of income or there may be costly bills from any medical care prior to the loss of your close relative or spouse.

If you lost a loved one in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Attorney Timothy J. Quick of can help you through the process of bringing a wrongful death claim. He is committed to helping families and close relatives who have lost a loved one in serious accidents.

Need advice about your wrongful death claim from an experienced lawyer? Contact Timothy J. Quick, P.C., in Tidewater and Hampton Roads, Virginia, using the online form or call 757-453-7674, toll free at 800-588-8130.

Compensation After A Fatal Accident

If a loved one's death was the result of another's negligence, you can bring a claim seeking compensation. This is known as a wrongful death claim. Depending on the specific facts in your case, you may be entitled to compensation to help you cover:

  • The costs of the funeral
  • Medical costs if your loved one was treated for injuries prior to death
  • Lost income
  • The loss of companionship
  • Other out-of-pocket expenses associated with the accident

Who Can Bring A Wrongful Death Claim?

In general, a spouse and any surviving children/descendants can bring a wrongful death claim. If none exist, then the parent, siblings and any other dependant relatives may bring a claim for damages. If you are unsure whether you qualify to bring a wrongful death claim, reach out to an attorney for advice.

At Timothy J. Quick, P.C., we handle cases on a contingency fee basis. That means that you do not owe legal fees unless we secure compensation in your case. You can get the advice and support you need, when you need it.