Timothy J. Quick
Mr. Quick concentrates in personal injury, criminal defense and serious traffic offenses, representing the full spectrum of clients and serving in both federal and state courts.
One of his strengths as a lawyer is that he has worked both sides of his two primary practice areas:
• As a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Quick benefits from his experience as former Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney for the city of Virgina Beach, having prosecuted hundreds of cases, often in front of juries.
• As a personal injury lawyer, Mr. Quick understands the way insurance companies think from working for major insurance companies and trying hundreds of cases on behalf of their insureds, often in front of juries.
"There is no greater advantage in any kind of dispute than knowing what the other side wants, and how it thinks!"
Mr. Quick graduated from George Mason University in 1989, and the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1994. He has been admitted to the Supreme Court of Virginia, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and the United States Supreme Court. He has been selected as a “Master” in the James Kent American Inn of Court, a local chapter of a national legal organization dedicated to fostering professionalism in the legal arena. Active as a member of the Virginia Beach Bar Association since 1994, Timothy J. Quick served as its president in 2011. In 2014, Mr. Quick was instrumental in creating the Virginia Beach General District Court mental health docket, designed to streamline the Court’s handling of cases involving those charged with crimes and suffering from mental health issues.
The son of an FBI agent, Mr. Quick defends individuals in Hampton Roads who have been charged with a crime and are in need of justice. Not long ago, he was selected to serve as the Deputy Capital Defender for Southeastern Virginia, representing clients against whom the Commonwealth sought the death penalty. "There is no greater advantage in any kind of dispute," Timothy J. Quick says, "than knowing what the other side wants, and how it thinks!"
Let's face it: Relationships count when it comes to successfully negotiating with prosecutors and judges on behalf of a client. Mr. Quick has earned a reputation among Hampton Roads judges and attorneys over the past 20+ years as an ethical and competent advocate.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Small Business Representation
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Virginia, 1994
- U.S. District Court, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2005
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1994
- Law Review: University of Baltimore Journal of Environmental Law, 1992 - 1994
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1990
- Major: Government
- Major: Politics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia Beach Bar Association , Past President, 2005 - Present
- Pi Kappa Phi
- Phi Delta Phi